- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A town that was once home to zombies in The Walking Dead can now be yours … for only $680,000.
Downtown Grantville, Ga., which was featured in the show’s third season, is up for sale on eBay. The town’s former mayor, Jim Sells, is selling the historic property, which he hopes will be transformed into something more profitable than a zombie town.
“I’d like to see it active and thriving, and to be a positive part of the community,” Sells said to Buzzfeed. “As far as what needs to be done, I’m hoping someone with a vision will tell me.”
Sells also noted that the town, located about 40 miles from Atlanta, thrives thanks to Walking Dead fans and tourists. Fans from all over the world flock to Georgia for the popular Walking Dead tour, which keeps the town buzzing.
The listing also notes that three movies, including a sequel to The Ring, just signed on to use the town as a filming location. The 34,000-square-foot town has potential to attract signs of life, as it comes with nine buildings, including retail areas, apartments, restaurants, a pharmacy and office spaces.
Although the bidding for the town starts at $680,000, anyone is welcome to place their best offer by March 26.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day