- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A restructuring Wednesday at Disney Interactive cost about 50 people their jobs, insiders said.
Disney Interactive consists of an online unit and a video game unit and employs about 2,000 people. According to people familiar with the restructuring, all of the layoffs came from the online side.
Disney Interactive’s online portfolio includes Disney.com, DisneyFamily.com, BabyZone.com, Spoonful.com, Babble.com and other Internet sites.
Disney did not comment on the move.
In the Walt Disney Co’s. most recent fiscal quarter, Disney Interactive was the only one of five units to post declining year-over-year revenue, with sales dropping 22 percent to $196 million, while its operating loss improved to $42 million from $86 million a year earlier.
Disney Interactive also restructured 18 months ago, a move that included laying off about 200 people.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Representation in Hollywood