- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A version of this story first appeared in the Nov. 13 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.
The Albuquerque, N.M., set of Better Call Saul hosted VIP guest Warren Buffett during the Oct. 26 filming of the second season’s final episode. The investor, known to be a big fan of Saul precursor Breaking Bad, not only met with series star Bob Odenkirk and actor Michael McKean, he had face time with a long list of executives from Sony Pictures Television including chairman Steve Mosko.
He also posed for a photo draped in character Chuck McGill’s famous “space blanket.”
Asked why he loves the show, Buffett tells THR: “Great writing, great acting, great people. When Vince Gilligan is in charge, a show is a cinch to be five stars.” Of Buffett’s visit, Mosko adds: “It was great to have him on set.”
Joining Mosko in welcoming Buffett to the set were John Westphal, senior vp current programming for SPT; Zack Van Amburg, president of U.S. programming and production for SPT; Jamie Erlicht, president of U.S. programming and production for SPT; Happy Madison’s Doug Robinson and Matt Mosko; and actors Jonathan Banks, Michael Mando, Patrick Fabian and Rhea Seehorn.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day