- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After months of speculation, Adele has finally confirmed that she is married to longtime partner Simon Konecki.
The British singer, 28, made the announcement onstage during her concert in Brisbane, Australia, over the weekend. She revealed the news while talking to the crowd about her song “Someone Like You.”
“I was trying to remember how it was I felt at the beginning of the relationship that inspired that record,” said Adele. “Because as bad as a break-up can be and as bitter and horrible and messy as it can be, that feeling when you first fall for someone is the best feeling on earth, and I am addicted to that feeling. Obviously, I can’t go through with those feelings because I’m married now.”
Adele and Konecki, 42, have been together since 2011, but had refused to confirm whether or not they are married. The couple has a 4-year-old son together.
The question about marriage came up in February during the 2017 Grammys when Adele thanked her “husband” at the ceremony. Konecki was also seen wearing a gold band on his ring finger at the Brit Awards.
Congratulations to the happy couple!
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day