- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jim Parsons is many things.
On television, he’s one of the bankable stars of The Big Bang Theory. On Broadway, he’ll soon be known as one of The Boys in the Band. To Ryan Murphy, he’s “our Mary Tyler Moore,” and on Thursday night at the GLAAD Media Awards in Los Angeles, he became the winner of the Stephen F. Kolzak Award.
At the Beverly Hilton hotel-set awards gala, Parsons, who was presented his prize by Murphy — who also quipped, “Jim is America’s fucking sweetheart” — and joined on stage by his Boys in the Band boys Matt Bomer, Zachary Quinto, Andrew Rannells and the entire company of the upcoming revival, delivered a well-received speech that honored honesty, his mother and fellow honoree Britney Spears.
Of the latter, Parsons said, “I’m currently working on putting together a movie that I desperately want her to be in and I consider this as my first step in my charm offensive to get her in it. I won’t bother her tonight, but Britney — my people will be calling.”
A full broadcast of the GLAAD Media Awards will air on LOGO on April 18 at 8 pm ET/PT.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day