- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
As if Gisele Bundchen’s 500-foot catwalk wasn’t enough, the Brazilian supermodel also has earned the 2016 Rio Olympics opening ceremony trending title, thanks to a very GIF-able moment.
Bundchen became the golden girl Friday night in Rio de Janiero when she sashayed from one side of the famed Maracana Stadium to the other to the tune of “The Girl From Ipanema.” Illuminated by a single spotlight, Bundchen’s gown, by Brazilian designer Alexandre Herchcovitch, twinkled while the crowd roared.
After the walk, which was the last of her career as she has officially retired from runways, the supermodel took her place among the 78,000-seat audience. She then led her fellow revelers in a dance party during the ceremony, which lasted a total of five hours and aired on NBC.
Watch the moment below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
the hollywood reporter
The Hollywood Reporter to Celebrate Inaugural Kids Power Issue With Family Day of Festivities in Los Angeles
The Last of Us
Bella Ramsey Says They’re Worried Pedro Pascal’s “Daddy” Narrative Has “Gone Too Far”
Taika Waititi, Eva Longoria and Niecy Nash-Betts Talk Leading the Diversity Charge at The Hollywood Reporter’s Raising Our Voices Luncheon