- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lady Gaga surprised fans with the first live performance of her new single, “Perfect Illusion,” at London’s Moth Club early Saturday morning.
“Perfect Illusion,” Gaga’s first new solo track in three years, rose to No. 1 on the real-time Billboard + Twitter Trending 140 chart after the song was premiered on radio stations Thursday night. The song was officially released the following day.
“Illusion,” produced by Gaga, Mark Ronson, BloodPop and Kevin Parker of Tame Impala, previews Gaga’s forthcoming studio album, expected later this year.
During an interview with BBC Radio 1 hours after “Illusion” dropped, the singer revealed another hint about the album: It features a duet with Florence Welch.
“Me and Florence Welch did a duet together. I started to work on an idea for a song that I really wanted to do with a girl. You’ll see why when you see what the song is about,” said Gaga. “I just thought, ‘Who do I want to sing with?’ She’s really, to me, if not the best, one of the greatest vocalists in the world. She’s incredible.”
Listen to “Perfect Illusion” in the video below.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day