- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Against an elaborate set design, and wearing a black eyepatch, Madonna performed with holograms of herself in different costumes.
The stage eventually filled with dancers, ending in a cha cha-train at the end. Finally, Madonna and Maluma were left alone on the stage to dance the cha cha.
The 2019 Billboard Music Awards took place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas and aired on NBC. For the second year in a row, the evening was hosted by Kelly Clarkson, a five-time BBMA nominee, who also performed a medley during the show.
Additional performers included Taylor Swift, BTS with Halsey, Ariana Grande, the Jonas Brothers and Panic! at the Disco.
The Billboard Music Awards is produced by Dick Clark Productions — a division of Valence Media, the parent company of the Billboard-Hollywood Reporter Media Group.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day