- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“Have you ever wanted to be me? Well, I am me, and let me tell you, it’s not cheap,” says Neil Patrick Harris in the trailer for his book, Choose Your Own Autobiography, out Oct. 14. “You too can be me, when you read my book!”
The newlywed of How I Met Your Mother — fresh off his Tony-winning run in Hedwig and the Angry Inch and appearing next in David Fincher‘s Gone Girl — chose to promote his unconventional Crown Archetype memoir with an appropriately unconventional video clip that demonstrates the agency that a reader will have over his upcoming title. Choose Your Own Autobiography was initially described as “a work of imaginative nonfiction that delivers an interactive, nonlinear reading experience that breaks the boundaries of conventional memoir,” when the actor signed with the publisher in 2012.
“Throughout the book at random times, you’ll get to choose what happens to you next,” he explains, as he sings with helium, juggles, does magic, takes shots of rubbing alcohol and reenacts the spaghetti scene from Lady and the Tramp with David Burtka — all at the same time. “You get to be me, but you also get to do a lot of random stuff you didn’t know you wanted to do.”
Watch the trailer below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day