- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sting scored the musical set in the shipbuilding community of Wallsend in northeast England, where the 16-time Grammy winner was born and raised. It tells the story (with roots in real incidents) of workers who respond to news that their shipyard is being closed by occupying the docks and building one final vessel to sail around the world. The show took to the stage — or rather, the sidewalk — outside the Neil Simon Theatre to perform a special version of The Police hit from 1981 “Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic.”
According to Page Six, the cast of the Frankie Valli musical will keep up the Broadway tradition and sing for their new neighbors next weekend. Earlier this month, the Ship cast also performed Lionel Richie‘s “All Night Long” for the Jersey Boys cast.
Watch the performances below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day