- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Of Monsters and Men is reinventing the lyric video, continuing with the new visual for “Slow Life,” starring Icelandic actor Tomas Lemarquis and premiering on Billboard and The Hollywood Reporter exclusively.
The clip is one of a series of lyric videos for songs from the Icelandic indie rockers’ second studio album, Beneath the Skin, all starring actors from their home country. The band chose Lemarquis — whose movies include X-Men: Apocalypse and 3 Days to Kill — to star in “Slow Life” because of his energy.
“We knew from the beginning of this lyric video project that we wanted to work with Tomas,” lead vocalist and guitarist Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdottir tells Billboard in a statement. “We felt that he had the sort of raw energy that we wanted for ‘Slow Life.’ Working together was a great experience. Tomas is a hugely talented actor.”
The “Slow Life” video features Lemarquis lip-syncing to the single. Of Monsters and Men recently featured Icelandic actor Olafur Darri Olafsson — from True Detective and Icelandic drama Trapped — for its “Winter Sound” lyric video.
Watch the lyric video premiere of “Slow Life” below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day