- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Wayne Brady has joined the program for the Motion Picture & Television Fund’s 19th annual “Night Before” party.
Taking place online on April 24, Brady will serve as host and performer and is confirmed to sing his latest single, “Move Your Body.” Additional performers and special guests will be revealed in the coming days. “We are beyond thrilled to have Wayne Brady hosting this year’s very special ‘Night Before’ celebration. Wayne’s unique set of talents will surely set the stage for an evening our guests won’t soon forget as we celebrate the film community along with our 100th anniversary of service on the eve of the Oscars,” said Bob Beitcher, MPTF president and CEO.
“Night Before,” which is going virtual this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, is being designed and produced by Kerry Brown and his Rolling Live Studios. As previously announced, chef Antonia Lofaso is overseeing a curated VIP pre-event mixer that will be hosted by Billy Harris.
Brady — a five-time Emmy winner whose talents span acting, singing, writing and producing — has shown his skills on stage in Chicago, Kinky Boots and Hamilton. He runs the A Wayne and Mandie Creative production entity with Mandie Taketa and currently serves as host and executive producer for CBS’ Let’s Make A Deal.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day