- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Josh Kriegman, the director of Weiner, began working with Anthony Weiner long before he began making a film about him. “That’s how I got to know him and got to see what a dynamic and interesting person that he is,” he said during THR‘s Documentary Oscar Roundtable. “After he resigned from Congress and after his scandal, that was when I started talking to him about making a film, and the conversation went from there.”
“We were interested in trying to see if there’s a way to get at some more of the nuance and reality beyond the headlines to show some of the full person that I had gotten to know,” said Kriegman of him and co-director Elyse Steinberg.
More roundtables featuring actors and actresses, screenwriters, songwriters, directors, composers and producers will continue throughout February in print and online. Tune in to new episodes of Close Up With The Hollywood Reporter starting Jan. 15 on Sundance TV, and look for clips at THR.com/topic/roundtables with full episodes on THR.com after broadcast.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day