- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
If it’s Thursday, it must be time for another “Weird Al” Yankovic video from his Mandatory Fun album, which came out on Tuesday, his last record under his deal with RCA Records.
This time, Yankovic dons a blond wig, picks up some tools and explains how he can help with your home improvements in “Handy,” his spoof of Iggy Azalea and Charli XCX’s “Fancy,” which premiered today on Yahoo! Screen.
In the video, Yankovic shows he could get a show on HGTV with his skill set, starring in the clip alongside Eddie Pepitone, Justin Giddings and Ted Hollis.
“I got 99 problems, but a switch ain’t one,” croons Yankovic. “I won’t quit until I’m done. Don’t even care if I hammer my thumb.”
The parody’s best rhyme: “Still rocking my screwdriver/Got the whole world thinking I’m MacGyver.”
According to early retail reports, RCA’s Mandatory Fun will battle Jason Mraz’s YES! on Atlantic Records for No. 1 on next week’s Billboard chart, both in the 70,000-75,000 range. It would be the first No. 1 for either artist. Mraz previously debuted at No. 2 with his 2012 album Love Is a Four-Letter Word, while Yankovic has scored a pair of Top 10 album bows.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Jamie Lee Curtis
Monday Night Football