- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Well Go USA also nabbed rights for the U.K., Australia/New Zealand and Latin America in a seven-figure deal. The U.S. distributor plans a major theatrical release in 2019.
Freaks stars Emile Hirsch, Bruce Dern, Grace Park, Amanda Crew and Lexy Kolker. The psychological sci-fi thriller portrays a disturbed father (Hirsch) who locks his 7-year-old daughter (Kolker) in a house and warns her of mysterious dangers outside, but the mysterious Mr. Snowcone (Dern) convinces the girl to escape and join him on a quest for family, freedom and revenge.
Freaks was written by Lipovsky and Stein and produced by Lipovsky, Stein, Jordan Barber and Mitchell Waxman. Executive producers include M. Alan Stein, Rick Alyea, Philip Kim and Elisabeth Costa de Beauregard. The pic was financed by Wise Daughter Films in association with My Way Productions and Storyboard Capital Group.
The deal was negotiated by Dylan Marchetti and Doris Pfardrescher for Well Go USA. CAA and The Gersh Agency represented the filmmakers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day