- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Of course, while it did cover up a fair amount of the pop star’s skin, the fleshy material of the dress, boots and purse designed by Franc Fernandez still was quite the shocker in its day. And surprisingly, it still exists, just in a slightly dehydrated, deeper red and less drapey form.
MTV reminded us this week that while Gaga is still the owner of one of her most famous outfits, she’s lent it to the traveling “Women Who Rock” exhibition from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The next place it will be on display? Cleveland, where it should stay for the foreseeable future.
The director of collections for the museum, Jun Francisco, explained to MTV that because it’s made of such a unique material, the dress was preserved like beef jerky and has to be transported in a climate-controlled truck. “So it’s taxidermied,” said Francisco. Now you know.
Photos via Rock and Roll Hall of Fame + Museum
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day