- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Read more Golden Globes: Winners List
Sean Douglas — who uses his father’s real last name (Keaton changed his name professionally to avoid confusion with the other Michael Douglas) — attended the awards show alongside the Birdman star, who was named best actor in a musical or comedy.
During his tear-filled speech, Keaton gave a shout-out to the 31-year-old: “My best friend is kind, intelligent, funny, talented, considerate, thoughtful — did I say kind? He also happens to be my son, Sean. I love you with all my heart, buddy.”
See more Golden Globes Red Carpet Arrivals
Cut to Douglas in the crowd. Instantly, social media was all abuzz over what some deemed a “hottie.” Mindy Kaling was among those chiming in:
Oh hello Michael Keaton’s son
— Mindy Kaling (@mindykaling) January 12, 2015
So who is Sean Douglas? Turns out he also has made his own name in the entertainment industry — specifically on the music side.
See more Golden Globes Winners
He wrote Demi Lovato‘s hit “Heart Attack” as well as Jason DeRulo‘s “Wiggle” and “Talk Dirty.” He also is working with Hilary Duff on her upcoming album. Duff instagrammed a photo of them in the studio last year.
And here’s a video of Douglas performing the songs he penned for DeRulo:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day