- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
On Tuesday morning, Who What Wear co-founder and editor Katherine Power shared with her Instagram followers the first campaign image from the celebrity and street-style shopping site’s premiere collaboration with Target.
Photographed in New York City by Justin Coit, the ad reads like the kind of candid street-style snap featured heavily on the site. This is no coincidence, considering the campaign stars well-known bloggers Zanita Whittington (By Charlotte) and Gala Gonzalez (Amlul), as well as fashion- industry darling, model Lily Kwong. (Kwong also happens to be the cousin of designer Joseph Altuzarra, who collaborated with Target in 2014.)
The first sampling from the yearlong collaboration, which hits 800 Target stores as well as both Target.com and WhoWhatWear.com on Feb. 1, includes 70 pieces (including plus sizes) which retail for $14.99 and $49.99. The timing coincides with Target’s new retail strategy, which includes scaling back on grocery displays to make room for more mannequins and a more shopper-friendly apparel space.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day