- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This story first appeared in the July 31 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.
Fred Armisen‘s Saturday Night Live version of The View alum Joy Behar perhaps put it best: “Who cares?” Two years after the ABC daytime chat show began a dizzying game of musical chairs, its recent comings and goings have been greeted with a collective shrug.
Conservative Nicolle Wallace is the latest exit, following fellow 2014-15 season additions Rosie Perez and Rosie O’Donnell. ABC News upped recurring guests Raven-Symone and Michelle Collins to regulars, but the search is on yet again for a seat filler.
Candace Cameron Bure and Good Morning America Weekend co-anchor Paula Faris are nearing deals to join the ABC talk show as co-hosts, according to sources.
Through all the shuffles, ratings are down: Year-to-date, View is neck and neck with CBS copycat The Talk, averaging a 1.0 rating in the key demo of women 25-to-54, while ad revenue is down nearly 30 percent year-over-year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
State of the Union