- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This story first appeared in the May 24 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Observers who’ve seen Sofia Coppola‘s The Bling Ring were surprised to see that Paris Hilton — a victim of five robberies perpetrated by the real-life ring in 2009 — actually makes a cameo. On top of that, a lot of the movie was shot in her house.
“Sofia came to my birthday party last year,” Hilton tells THR. “She loved my house and said it couldn’t be re-created in a set.” Hilton says she wouldn’t have done the film for anyone else.
“I really admire her, an intelligent independent woman who’s a director. Sofia knows everything about these kids now — stuff I didn’t know — and it will be very strange to watch them break in my house five times and sell my Birkin bags and heirloom jewelry on Venice Beach. They stole millions of dollars’ worth of things from me.”
Hilton was set to travel to Cannes to support Coppola and the movie — and host blingy parties of her own.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day