- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The creative team behind Dallas Buyers Club is reuniting to tackle the Janis Joplin biopic.
Jean-Marc Vallee is in negotiations to direct the decades-in-the-making project while Craig Borten and Melisa Wallack are in negotiations to rewrite.
Amy Adams is attached to star as the hard-living queen of rock ‘n’ roll. Ron Terry is producing with Nathan Ross, Vallee’s producing partner.
This is the latest development for a biopic that has seen several directors come and go over the years. Lee Daniels boarded the project in 2012; before that, Fernando Meirelles and Catherine Hardwicke were attached as directors. And Renee Zellweger at one point was set to star.
The new plan calls for Vallee to tackle the project in the second half of 2015.
Vallee just wrapped Demolition, a drama with Jake Gyllenhaal and Naomi Watts, and has his latest movie, Wild, starring Reese Witherspoon, opening in Dec. 5.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day