- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Wild Tales writer-director Damian Szifron has signed with WME, The Hollywood Reporter has exclusively learned.
Since its world premiere at Cannes in May, the anthology film has drawn worldwide acclaim for its darkly comic take on revenge. Produced by Pedro Almodovar, the movie is currently playing the festival circuit, including stops at Telluride and Toronto, and will be released in the U.S. by Sony Pictures Classics next spring.
Widely tipped as a likely Oscar foreign-language contender, the Argentine Film Academy made it official Tuesday, when it selected Wild Tales as the country’s submission. The movie has also done wild-ly well at home, setting an opening record in Argentina with 450,000 tickets (approximately $2.5 million) sold in late August, the country’s best first weekend for a local film.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day