- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Will Packer-produced comedy Little, starring Black-ish breakout star Marsai Martin, will hit theaters Sept. 20, 2019, Universal announced Thursday.
The studio also revealed that two other comedies from Packer, the prolific producer behind such hits as Girls Trip, are in the works. No details were provided, but the pics have been set for release in theaters on Nov. 15, 2019, and May 15, 2020.
Little centers on a woman who gets the chance to relive the carefree life as her younger self (Martin), when the pressures of adulthood become too much. The deal is not only noteworthy for Martin as an actress — it marks her first studio feature — but also a creative force. The 13-year-old came up with the idea for the script and will also executive produce.
Tina Gordon (Peeples) is directing Little.
All three films are from Will Packer Productions, which has a first-look deal with Universal.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day