- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Will Packer Productions has tapped Johanna Byer to be the executive vice president of motion pictures, reporting directly to the banner’s president, James Lopez.
In her new role, Byer, who joins Will Packer Productions from France’s Gaumont, will develop and produce the company’s feature film projects, working closely with filmmakers, directors and other talent.
“Johanna is a highly regarded and respected executive who will be a great addition to WPP as we ramp up our slate of films and expand our features business,” said Lopez. “We look forward to developing meaningful and impactful projects with her.”
Added Byer: “This is an opportunity of a lifetime. I am thrilled to be working with Will, James and the rest of the team to develop impactful films which will resonate with audiences worldwide.”
Prior to Gaumont, Byer served as vp of development at Working Title Films. Her credits include Baby Driver, Theory of Everything and Les Miserables.
Will Packer Productions was last in theaters with Universal’s The Photograph, with a slate that includes HBCU sports drama One and Done and Tina Gordon-directed musical Praise This.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day