- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This year’s Grammys looked a little funky. The typically crazed red carpet — with its Gaga eggs, J. Lo dresses and out-of-place jeans and sneakers ensembles — was oddly tame, save for Madonna‘s grill and Pharrell‘s two ugly hats. So it isn’t that outer-limits that Willie Nelson — the 80-year-old, 420-happy country singer who currently serves as the face of John Varvatos — happened to combine every single major Grammys night trend into one single look. And although this was likely a coincidence, it’s worth taking note.
Then — like Anna Faris, Pink and Rita Ora — Nelson kept his lips ashen and nude.
Finishing off his trend-heavy look was a black suit, similarly sported by Madonna, Ono, and Black Sabbath member Tony Iommi. And we must opine that Nelson looked spiffier in his suit than the Material Girl did in hers.
Yes, it was a weird Grammys for fashion indeed. But somehow Nelson made it all work. We applaud him.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day