- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Morisaki, 25, joins T.J. Miller, Tye Sheridan, Olivia Cooke, Simon Pegg, Ben Mendelsohn and Mark Rylance in the cast of the adaptation of Ernest Cline’s hit sci-fi novel.
The film is set in Oasis, a futuristic virtual world game in which participants hunt for eggs that contain the keys to a fortune left by the founder of the world. In the book, Daito is a Japanese “gunter” egg hunter along with his partner Shoto.
Shooting on Ready Player One, produced by Warner Bros. and Village Roadshow, is set to begin this summer. The pic is slated for a spring 2018 release, delayed to avoid clashing with the next Star Wars installment.
Morisaki, repped by Japan’s Stardust Promotion, is lead vocalist of boy band PrizmaX and has appeared in films and TV dramas in his home country. This will be the first appearance in a Hollywood production for the bilingual actor.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day