- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This story first appeared in the Aug. 2 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
WKT is taking the watchwords “good PR” literally. The public relations agency is opening a division, WKT Cause, that will handle publicity for such charities as the ACLU and the Entertainment Industry Foundation as well as the philanthropic activities of its celebrity clients, including Jennifer Hudson‘s Julian D. King Gift Foundation, which the Oscar winner established with her sister Julia Hudson in honor of her late nephew.
The division, which will be led by partner Lisa Kasteler and publicist Graehme Morphy, also will help new and existing clients identify and educate themselves on opportunities that match their charitable interests. And WKT Cause will create high-profile corporate partnerships to increase the international visibility of and support for NGOs.
“It’s been a natural progression for us to develop this concentrated support system within the agency,” says Kasteler, who will be joined in the venture by fellow WKT principals Annett Wolf and Cara Tripicchio. Previously WKT has already created publicity campaigns for Oxfam American and the American Oceans Campaign and helped establish foundations for the families of Christopher Reeve and John Ritter.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day