- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Riza Aziz and Joey McFarland’s Red Granite Pictures is producing and financing the film, which stars Leonardo DiCaprio as flamboyant and disgraced stockbroker Jordan Belfort.
The film, which Scorsese begins shooting in August in New York, is based on Belfort’s best-selling 2008 memoir.
Reiner — whose most recent movie role was in 2003’s Alex & Emma , which he directed — would play Max Belfort, the father of DiCaprio’s character.
Terence Winter (The Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire) adapted the screenplay, which chronicles Belfort’s dramatic rise and fall on Wall Street, along with his hard-partying lifestyle and tumultuous personal life, which included drug and alcohol addiction.
Aziz and McFarland are producing Wolf of Wall Street with DiCaprio, Scorsese, Emma Koskoff and Alexandra Milchan.
Reiner is repped by CAA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day