- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A 33-year-old woman was found dead inside a bathtub at the New York City SoHo House early Thursday morning, police confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.
“This morning at approximately 2:57 a.m., we responded to a 911 call,” a police spokesman said. “Upon arrival, police found a female… inside the bathroom unconscious and unresponsive. EMS also responded and pronounced the female DOA. The medical examiners office will determine cause of death. The investigation is ongoing.”
The New York Post reports that police questioned 26-year-old Nicholas Brooks in connection with the death. He’s the son of “You Light Up My Life” composer Joseph Brooks, who was charged last year in New York with sexually assaulting 11 aspiring stars during casting calls and indicted on 91 counts of rape, sexual abuse and assault.
Police would not confirm the questioning of Nicholas to THR.
The Post also says the woman’s body was found when guests staying a floor below her called the front desk to complain about water leaking through the ceiling of their hotel room.
The pool of the NYC outpost of SoHo House was featured on the HBO TV version of Sex and the City.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day