- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A Leicester woman gave birth at the Glastonbury festival after going into labor during The Rolling Stones’ headlining set Saturday night.
Heidi Wesson welcomed a baby girl at 3 a.m. Sunday at the Glastonbury medical center. The bundle of joy arrived two weeks earlier than expected.
In a statement issued to NME, a Glastonbury spokesperson said: “We’d like to send our congratulations to the family. We look forward to welcoming them back in future years. We’ve had babies born here that are now grown-ups. They still come every year. That’s a beautiful thing.”
According to The Independent, Wesson reportedly told well-wishers that she and the baby are “fine and fabulous.”
In addition to sending Wesson into labor, Mick Jagger and company shattered Glastonbury records by drawing 100,000 concertgoers to the main Pyramid Stage on Saturday. Meanwhile, 2.5 million viewers tuned in to BBC to catch a small portion of the show.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day