- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
For his next film, which he will shoot in Rome, Woody Allen is starting to assemble one of his typically eclectic casts that will include Jesse Eisenberg, Ellen Page, Penelope Cruz and Alec Baldwin. In addition to writing and directing, Allen also plans to appear in the film.
As is typical of Allen’s projects, he hasn’t yet revealed a title or a plotline for the movie that will film this summer in the Italian capital.
Eisenberg, repped by ICM, voices the lead character in the animated Rio, opening this weekend. Page, repped by WME, is currently appearing on screen in Super. Baldwin, repped by CAA, will be busy during his 30 Rock hiatus, since he’s also set for the musical Rock of Ages. All three will be making their first appearance in an Allen feature.
Cruz, repped by CAA, appeared in Allen’s 2008 film Vicky Cristina Barcelona, for which she won the best supporting actress Oscar.
Midnight in Paris, Allen’s latest film, will bow as the opening-night film at the upcoming Cannes Film Festival.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day