- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Woody Allen has announced an unusually eclectic cast, even by his own standards, for the new movie he is shooting this summer in New York and San Francisco.
The headliners include Oscar winner Cate Blanchett, comedians Louis C.K. and Andrew Dice Clay and Lost star Michael Emerson. Alec Baldwin — who appears in Allen’s most recent film, To Rome With Love, which Sony Pictures Classics will release June 22 — also has been tapped, as have Bobby Cannavale, Sally Hawkins and Peter Sarsgaard.
The film will co-star Max Casella and Alden Ehrenreich.
A Gravier Productions film, the movie is being produced by Allen’s longtime producers Letty Aronson and Stephen Tenenbaum.
The untitled project will mark the second time Allen has shot a movie in San Francisco, following his directorial debut, 1969’s Take the Money and Run.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day