- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Oscar-winning filmmaker’s latest project, starring Allen, Alec Baldwin, Roberto Benigni, Penelope Cruz, Judy Davis, Jesse Eisenberg, Greta Gerwig and Ellen Page, follows a group of people living in Italy.
“I can’t think of a better way to kick off this year’s festival than with the original independent filmmaker himself, Woody Allen,” said festival director Stephanie Allain. “It’s a true honor for Los Angeles to host the North American premiere of To Rome With Love.”
The 18th annual Los Angeles Film Festival, set for June 14 to 24, will screen more than 200 features, shorts and music videos from more than 30 countries. The festival — produced by Film Independent, the nonprofit arts organization that also produces the Spirit Awards — is based in downtown Los Angeles, with its central hub at L.A. Live.
To Rome With Love, Allen’s follow-up to last year’s Midnight in Paris — a best picture Oscar nominee and the top-grossing film of Allen’s long directing career — will be released June 22 by Sony Pictures Classic. The movie was produced by Letty Aronson and Stephen Tenenbaum and financed by Italian production and distribution company Medusa Film.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day