- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Woody Allen‘s trip to Paris earned him his best-ever box office take, and now the legendary filmmaker is taking his traveling production unit to Rome.
The first trailer for Allen’s next film, recently retitled To Rome With Love after initially filming under Nero Fiddled, debuted online Tuesday, teasing a host of big names in a series of storylines tinged with whimsy, comedy and sexual politics.
Jesse Eisenberg plays friend to Alec Baldwin and boyfriend to Greta Gerwig, who invites her best friend (Ellen Page) to visit their Rome apartment after breaking up with her boyfriend. Meanwhile, Penelope Cruz plays a prostitute caught in a misunderstanding and Robert Benigni a man mistaken for a movie star and beleaguered by the press. Allen also appears in the film, as the husband of an unamused Judy Davis, with the pair traveling to Rome to meet their daughter’s fiance.
Allen’s Midnight in Paris made $148 million worldwide. His previous European efforts include Match Point and Scoop, both of which took place in London, and Vicky Cristina Barcelona, which was set in Spain.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day