- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON – Woody Harrelson is one of two banner late additions to this year’s BFI London Film Festival lineup with the actor scheduled to deliver a Screen Talk event during the festival.
Harrelson is lined up to discuss his role in Oren Moverman’s Rampart, unspooling during the festival and his career to date.
Harrelson plays a corrupt cop struggling to cope with family commitments and relationships while under intense scrutiny from the LAPD and local officials in Moverman’s movie.
Festival organizers also said they have added documentary filmmaker Lucy Walker’s The Tsunami and the Cherry Blossom to this year’s lineup and will host an “in conversation” event with Walker.
The documentarian traveled to the north of Japan in the immediate wake of the tsunami in March this year to meet survivors in the hardest hit areas.
Walker, Oscar nominated for documentary Wasteland this year, is expected to talk about her latest work and aims to provide an insight into interviewing techniques for doc work.
The 55th BFI London Film Festival runs Oct. 12 through 27.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day