- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Earlier this year, the Alamo Drafthouse turned the voicemail of an angry customer who was kicked out of their theater for texting `into a public service announcement video.
The PSA quickly went viral, and now Young Adult director Jason Reitman and star Patton Oswalt have released a follow-up spoof video.
VIDEO: Movie Theater Kicks Customer Out for Texting, Turns Her Angry Voicemail Inot PSA
In the new clip, Oswalt is texting during a screening of Young Adult when Reitman kicks him out of the theater.
“I’m sending a text and it’s gonna go away,” Oswalt argues before angrily storming out because of Reitman’s demands that he turn his phone off.
PHOTOS: ‘Young Adult’ Premier Red Carpet
The screen then goes black, flashing this message: “At the Alamo Drafthouse, we have a simple rule: If you talk or text during a movie, we kick you out. Sometimes that pisses the movie talker off. What follows is an actual voicemail a customer left us after being kicked out.”
STORY: Charlize Theron, Patton Oswalt and The Cast of ‘Young Adult’ to Be Honored at the Palm Springs Film Festival
Oswalt then performs a voiceover reading of the actual voicemail left for the Alamo Drafthouse by the angered customer earlier this year.
Watch both PSA’s below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day