- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
As the anniversary of the death of Robin Williams approaches his daughter Zelda says she is taking a break from social media.
On Sunday, Zelda Williams posted a “tata” note for her more than 247,000 followers on Twitter. This is not the first time Zelda has stepped away from social media to mourn her father, who died at the age of 63 on Aug. 11, 2014.
“For those who always ask why, it’s so people can memorialize dad on the anniversary of his death however they wish without me having to feel bombarded by it, or pressured by the expectations to put on myself or my family to publicly acknowledge or join in doing so,” Zelda wrote. “I was always be grateful for all the love the world had and continues to have for my dad, but for obvious reasons, it’s sometimes harder to be the sort of surviving public vessel for receiving those sentiments, and one often expected to somehow flawlessly express them back.”
The 27-year-old actress included some causes that her father held dear for fans who wanted to remember him in that fashion.
Tata for now! ?? pic.twitter.com/933UBaFfCs
— Zelda Williams (@zeldawilliams) August 8, 2016
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day