- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Harris earned twelve 2020 Tony Award nominations, including one for best play, for his work on Slave Play, a stage production about race, sexuality, power and the scars of historical trauma. IMG Models will look to secure global brands endorsements, creative collaboration and editorial opportunities for Harris in the fashion industry.
“It’s such a wonderful opportunity to be working with IMG Worldwide in this capacity. For me, having a relationship with fashion was always about non verbal storytelling, another entry point to incite an interest in the stories I tell in the theatre and to know that that was seen as necessary, in a moment when our government doesn’t see theatre artists as necessary is invigorating,” Harris said in a statement.
Harris also co-wrote A24’s upcoming film Zola with director Janicza Bravo and is currently adapting the sci-fi epic The New World by Ales Kot for Warner Bros. Pictures.
On the TV front, he has a two-year overall deal with HBO and is a co-producer on their Euphoria series. Harris is also developing an untitled pilot.
A graduate of the Yale MFA playwrighting Program, Harris lives in New York City.
He continues to be represented by ELIA, ICM Partners and Granderson Des Rochers, LLP.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day