- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rob Reiner will present his latest film, Shock and Awe, at the Zurich International Film Festival for its world premiere Sept. 30.
The political drama, which stars James Marsden, Woody Harrelson, Tommy Lee Jones, Jessica Biel and Milla Jovovich, as well as Reiner himself, is set in 2003 and follows a group of journalists covering George Bush’s planned invasion of Iraq who are skeptical of the U.S. President’s claims that Saddam Hussein has weapons of mass destruction.
Zurich will also screen a retrospective of Reiner’s work at this year’s festival and will honor the veteran filmmaker with its A Tribute to… award. Some of Reiner’s most successful films will be part of the retrospective, including Stand by Me, This Is Spinal Tap, When Harry Met Sally and A Few Good Men, which was nominated for four Oscars, including best picture.
Reiner will discuss his work with local film students as part of a special Zurich Film Festival Masters session Sept. 30.
The 2017 Zurich International Film Festival runs Sept. 28-Oct.8.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day