Getty Villa Closed Due to Bomb Threat
LAPD responded to a phoned-in threat of explosives.
The Getty Villa museum in Pacific Palisades was closed and visitors were evacuated Wednesday morning following a bomb threat to the location.
Units reported to the Getty Villa to respond to a call of possible bombs at the location at 11:15 a.m., LAPD confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter. There were several responders from the LAPD's West L.A. division on scene to answer the call.
"We received a threatening call about the Getty Villa," a representative for the Villa told THR. "We are working closely with the LAPD, and in an abundance of caution have closed the Villa for the rest of the day. We have asked staff and visitors to leave the site. We will provide additional information as we have it."
The Getty Museum had previously been evacuated in April due to a bomb threat.
No threat has currently been made outside of the Getty Villa location.
Evacuating The Getty Villa??? What's going on... pic.twitter.com/iVOygViduB— Gabrielle Ruiz (@gabrielleruiz) September 20, 2017
The museum will commence regular operating hours on Thursday as no evidence of a bomb was found on the property, Ron Hartwig, vp of communications for the Getty told THR.
5:02 p.m.: Updated with Ron Hartwig's comments about reopening.