HollyShorts Film Festival Reveals Opening-Night Lineup (Exclusive)
Films from Jim Sheridan, John Stamos and Brett Gursky will be screened.
The HollyShorts 13th annual short film festival begins Thursday, Aug. 10, at TCL Chinese 6 Theaters in Hollywood with a jam-packed slate of films for its opening night. Out of the 4,000 films submitted, 400 short films will screen in competition at various venues through Aug. 19.
The lineup will follow a 13th anniversary screening of Stanley Kubrick’s Full Metal Jacket and a Q&A with the film's Matthew Modine.
Highlights of the star-heavy event include the John Stamos project InGenue-ish; 11th Hour, starring Salma Hayek; Jamie Mayer's Crowbar Smile; Without Grace with Ann Dowd (The Handmaid’s Tale); and Control by Kimmy Gatewood (of Netflix’s Glow).
The full list for opening night follows:
* Without Grace, directed by Deborah Kampmeier, written and produced by Angela Cohen, double Emmy-nominee Ann Dowd and John Doman
* InGenue-ish, written and directed by John Stamos
* 11th Hour, directed by Jim Sheridan and starring Salma Hayek
* Graffiti, by Brett Gursky and starring Tanner Anderson and Cassie Scerbo
* Penny Sucker, by Erin Elders and starring James Paxton and Debbon Ayer
* HollyShorts 2016 Screenplay winner The Son, The Father by Lukas Hassel
* Crowbar Smile, by Jamie Mayer, produced by Josh Hutcherson, starring Tristan Lake Leabu, Serinda Swan, Emily Robinson and Tate Donovan
* Control, by Kimmy Gatewood, written and starring Alison Becker.