Idris Elba Channels Nelson Mandela in 'Long Walk to Freedom' Poster (Exclusive Image)
Based on Mandela's autobiography of the same name, The Weinstein Co. film follows the Nobel Peace Prize winner from childhood to his election as president of South Africa.
A new poster for Nelson Mandela biopic Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom, starring Idris Elba, has debuted, hosted exclusively here by The Hollywood Reporter.
Directed by Justin Chadwick, the film follows the freedom fighter's journey from childhood to his election as president of South Africa. The pic, which The Weinstein Co. is distributing in North America, is based on Mandela's autobiography of the same name.
Mandela will have a limited release in the U.S. on Nov. 29, putting it in place for awards consideration.
The film, shot in South Africa, started principal photography at the end of May 2012 in KwaZulu-Natal and went on to shoot for 16 weeks in Cape Town, Johannesburg and Mandela’s home province, the Eastern Cape.
The film also stars Naomie Harris (Skyfall) as Mandela's wife Winnie, and features South African stars Tony Kgoroge, Riaad Moosa, Zolani Mkiva, Jamie Bartlett, Lindiwe Matshikiza, Deon Lotz and Terry Pheto.
View the exclusive image below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR