Instagram Releases New 'Jobs' Trailer (Video)
The movie clip is the first from the photo-sharing app.
It's fitting that the first big trailer to be released on Instagram is from Jobs, the Steve Jobs biopic starring Ashton Kutcher as the revered Apple co-founder.
Instagram, the popular photo-sharing app acquired last year by Facebook for $1 billion, is itself an Silicon Valley success story -- but without the association of a charismatic leader to create a cult of personality around the brand. In Jobs (former dubbed jOBS), Kutcher channels the late tech legend during his college years, as he launched Apple with Steve Wozniak (Josh Gad), and beyond, a life filled with professional and personal highs and lows.
The film, directed by Joshua Michael Stern (Swing Vote), hits theaters Aug. 16. It premiered at Sundance this year, with The Hollywood Reporter's Justin Lowe writing that the "filmmakers do fall into the trap of overly sentimentalizing a widely beloved public figure who represents an enormous cultural significance" but also manage to "keep the movie frequently engaging."
The first official trailer debuted late last month. The Instagram clip, super-short in length, opens with a shirtless Kutcher followed by the narration from the actor-as-Jobs, intoning: "The people who are crazy enough to think they change the world, are the ones who do."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR