Karl Rove Re-Ups at Fox News Channel
Despite reports of upset execs after Rove's Election Night disagreement with FNC's decision desk, the Republican strategist will continue as an analyst through the 2016 presidential election.
The Fox News Channel said Thursday it has re-signed veteran Republican strategist Karl Rove as a contributor through the 2016 presidential election. A day earlier, the network that promotes itself as “fair and balanced” inked a similar arrangement with liberal former Congressman Dennis Kucinich.
It was speculated that Rove had been in the doghouse at Fox News ever since berating the network’s own decision desk over what he said was an “early” call that Ohio went for Barack Obama the night the president was re-elected.
Reports surfaced shortly thereafter that appearances by Rove -- as well as by contributor Dick Morris, who repeatedly had predicted that Obama would lose on Nov. 6 -- were to be temporarily reduced by order of Fox News CEO Roger Ailes.
Asked about Morris' status, a Fox News spokesperson would say only that he is still with the network.
Meanwhile, Ailes had nothing but praise Thursday for Rove’s contributions since he was first hired there in 2008.
“Karl’s detailed knowledge of state and national politics, as well as fundraising and strategy, makes him an important player in our ongoing political coverage, and we look forward to him continuing his analysis across all platforms for Fox News and Fox Business,” Ailes said.
Before joining Fox News, Rove was deputy chief of staff and senior adviser to President George W. Bush. He also was chief strategist for Bush’s 2000 presidential campaign and his 2004 re-election campaign.