Kerry Washington on Her Stylist: 'We Were Fashion Twins Separated at Birth' (Video)
Erin Walsh says she and the "Django Unchained" star collaborate to create special fashion moments.
Kerry Washington and stylist Erin Walsh say they work so well together because they’re quite in sync.
"We’re very collaborative. I feel like we were fashion twins separated at birth," Washington says in a behind-the-scenes video of her photo shoot for The Hollywood Reporter’s 2013 stylists issue, which celebrates the industry's most powerful stylists. "We come up with stories for a particular season or a particular press tour."
Walsh says that story is told with their choices.
"In terms of narrative -- that goes into silhouette, texture, cut -- making distinctions and having each moment," she says. "We use that word a lot: 'moment.' "
Adds Washington, "Is it a fashion 'moment' or not?"
When asked what their favorite look of awards season was, both instantly produce the same answer.
"This huge, gorgeous gown with these horses that I wore for the London premiere of Django [Unchained]," Washington says. "Because the movie is all about Jamie [Foxx] saving me on these white horses, it seemed perfect in every way."
THR’s stylists issue features four covers of stars and their stylists, including Zoe Saldana and Petra Flannery, Jennifer Lopez and Rob Zangardi & Mariel Haenn, Taylor Swift and Joseph Cassell and Julianne Moore and Leslie Fremar.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack