LAPD Drops Investigation Into Corey Feldman's Sex Abuse Claims

Courtesy of Chris McKay/Getty Images
Corey Feldman

The actor has launched a $10 million fundraising campaign for a movie that he said would be the "most honest and true depiction of child abuse."

Los Angeles police have dropped the investigation into claims from Corey Feldman that a pedophile ring has been victimizing young actors for years in Hollywood, the department confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter

The statute of limitations has expired on Feldman's report, LAPD spokesman Drake Madison told THR. "It's done," he added. 

Police on Wednesday said detectives were looking into the claims after Feldman filed a report on Monday. 

Feldman, who starred in such '80s classics as Goonies and Stand by Me, said in previous interviews that a pedophile ring existed within the business, but he refused to name names — that is until the Harvey Weinstein scandal completely upended Hollywood.

Feldman also launched a $10 million fundraising campaign for a movie that he said would be the "most honest and true depiction of child abuse."

Last week, Feldman told Matt Lauer and Megyn Kelly that he did not identify perpetrators in the past over concerns for his safety.

"I need a team of lawyers and I need a team of security to be around me at all times to keep me safe so I can get this message done," Feldman said. "I vow that I will release every single name that I have knowledge of, period. And nobody's going to stop this."

comments powered by Disqus