Lionsgate to Launch 'The Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Clothing Line
Through a deal with Net-A-Porter, the mini-studio will roll out in November a fashion and jewellery collection designed by the film's costume designer.
TORONTO - Lionsgate is to launch a clothing line that ties into its upcoming The Hunger Games: Catching Fire theatrical release.
The mini-studio has pacted with fashion and beauty retailer Net-A-Porter to roll out 16 ready-to-wear pieces as part of a Capitol Couture by Trish Summerville collection.
Jewelry and leather goods inspired by the second installment in the The Hunger Games franchise, and designed by Summerville, the film's costume designer, are also headed to market this fall in time for the tentpole's worldwide release on Nov. 22.
"Fashion plays an important role in The Hunger Games series and is especially prevalent in Catching Fire, and fans of the franchise will see the film reference in the collection," said Holli Rogers, fashion director at Net-A-Porter, in a statement Wednesday.
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire stars Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, Woody Harrelson and Philip Seymour Hoffman.
The film is directed by Francis Lawrence, from a screenplay by Simon Beaufoy and Michael deBruyn, and is produced by Nina Jacobson and Jon Kilik.
The picture is based on the novel Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR