Mac Miller Died of Accidental Fentanyl, Cocaine and Ethanol Overdose: Coroner

Mac Miller - Getty - H 2018
Shareif Ziyadat/Getty Images

The rapper and musician was found dead Sept. 7. He was 26 years old.

Mac Miller died of an accidental overdose of fentanyl, cocaine and ethanol, the Los Angeles County Coroner's office revealed Monday. 

The rapper and musician, born Malcolm James McCormick, was found dead Sept. 7 at his home in the 11600 block of Valleycrest Drive in Studio City. He was 26. 

Miller released his fifth album, Swimming, on Aug. 3. A tour was planned for the end of October.

Miller's debut album, Blue Slide Park, quickly reached the top of the Billboard charts when it was released in 2011. His second album, Watching Movies With the Sound Off, came out in 2013.

Miller taught himself to play the guitar, bass, piano and drums. At 15, he turned his focus to hip-hop and formed the group The Ill Spoken with his then-partner, Beedie.

In a profile from Vulture just before his death, Miller, who had previously dated Ariana Grande, opened up about his music, also touching on fame and his personal life.

"I don’t want to be depressed. I want to be able to have good days and bad days," he said. "I can’t imagine not waking up sometimes and being like, 'I don’t feel like doing shit.' And then having days where you wake up and you feel on top of the world."