Martha MacCallum Reups Fox News Deal
The 7 o'clock host signs a new multiyear deal, assuring some much needed consistency at the cable news network.
One person staying put at Fox News Channel is Martha MacCallum. The long-running anchor inked a new multiyear deal to remain at the network, per a Thursday announcement.
"Over the past 12 years, Martha has built a relationship with our viewers based on her engaging personality and trustworthiness," said FNC programming president Suzanne Scott. "She has proven herself to be an essential component of the network's programming."
MacCallum, just outside the official primetime window, has been an integral part of FNC in 2016. The Story With Martha MacCallum has offered a source of stability at 7 p.m. as the 8 and 9 o'clock hours have seen flux with moves for Tucker Carlson and The Five — in the wake of Bill O'Reilly's April exit. The new deal keeps MacCallum in the hour and part of the network's election coverage.
Since the top of the year, MacCallum's FNC profile has grown considerably. In the wake of Megyn Kelly's departure, she got her own show (The First 100 Days), which ultimately transitioned into her full-time gig, The Story.
"I'm extremely proud of what we have built here at Fox News and the relationship we have with our loyal viewers," she said. "What we started over the course of The First 100 Days, and now continue with The Story each night, kicks off the best primetime lineup in news. I am proud to be part of our great political and news coverage and look forward to the future of Fox News."
In May, The Story ranked as the No. 12 program in all of cable news, averaging 398,000 adults 25-54 and just over 2 million viewers.
Prior to this year, MacCallum's FNC role had been largely one in the daytime. She served as co-anchor of America's Newsroom since 2010, though she regularly subbed for Kelly after her primetime move.