Michael Jackson's Assistant Testifies, Says Conrad Murray Was 'Frantic' on Day Singer Died

Al Seib-Pool/Getty Images
Conrad Murray

Michael Emir Williams and Jackson's head of security, Faheem Muhammed, took the stand on the second day of the trial.

The second day of the Conrad Murray trial opened with continuing testimony from AEG's Paul Gongaware, who testified that Michael Jackson had "a little bit of a slower speech pattern, just a slight slur in speech" after a visit with Dr. Arnold Klein. Following Gongaware's testimony, Kathy Jorrie, a lawyer hired by AEG, took the stand, testifying that Murray requested a machine and money to hire another doctor to help with Jackson's care, but those requests were never met and a contract was never signed.

Michael Emir Williams, Jackson's personal assistant, took the stand a little past 11 a.m., CBS News reports, saying that he received a phone call from Murray on the day Jackson died: June 25, 2009. 

PHOTOS: 10 TV Trials That Shook the World: Casey Anthony, OJ Simpson, Rodney King

" 'Call me right away, call me right away, thank you,' " he said on the stand of what Murray's message was that day. Williams said that he returned Murray's call minutes later and he recalled what the doctor said, Jackson had a bad reaction and to immediately send someone. Jackson's assistant noted that Murray did not tell him to dial 911.

Williams recounted Murray's behavior when Jackson was being wheeled into the ambulance, saying he was "frantic." 

Jackson's head of security, Faheem Muhammed, testified that Jackson's children Prince and Paris saw Murray attempting to bring Jackson back.

Footage of Murray pacing in the waiting room at UCLA Medical Center after Jackson died was also shown in court. Prosecutors said in court that Murray left the hospital about about two hours after Jackson was pronounced dead, but Murray's lawyers said that the footage showed that he had left a little later -- near the 5 p.m. mark.

On the first day of the trial, This Is It director Kenny Ortega and Gongaware took the stand after opening statements by the prosecution and the defense were made.

If Murray is convicted of involuntary manslaughter, he could be sentenced to four years in a California prison and lose his medical license.